When I was about 21 years old and I was sitting in my first company, which I co-founded, my ideas about Enterprise were probably as follows. This is the biggest hardcore that absolutely nobody but those ultra-top IT people give. It’s top, ultra, total and everything is done through codes and black screens.
Then I wanted to see what it meant to work in the corp. And so I really understood the meaning of the word Enterprise. The opposite is true.
Enterprise is a tool that, if we omit the high-quality support that is a condition of such a name, is enormously simple. In terms of IT skills of the people who control it. A simple, documented and yet very powerful tool that handles a lot of things.
I have been thinking about this for many years, and for many reasons corporations and all quality companies need just such tools. We will now answer the question why.
The tool can be expensive to purchase. But the people who run it are much cheaper in the end than the top top programmers, who are now not ashamed to say hundreds of thousands a month. The second point is substitutability. I can have more such cheaper and less technically capable people, they can represent each other, thus proving the ease of operation of the tool and its overall usability.
Enterprise tool too
- Logs all activities in the system – so-called auditing
- It can be easily connected to other tools using the now industry standard REST API
- It can be connected to a central IAM – ie identity and access management
- The data is represented in a graphical format – for example, for an integrated web firewall, it is immediately clear to administrators who is attacking the web and where
- It handles hundreds of thousands to tens of millions of records in the database and, when properly implemented, can scale horizontally – so it can be spread across many servers that compute the application
- It is modular, multilingual with the possibility of translations again through the administrator interface and filling out forms
- It is not subject to a crazy license, which obliges the customer to constantly pay for any more complex change to just one specific supplier – that is, the interchangeability of suppliers is met here, which should be a clear point of risk management for each responsible IT manager.
- Licensing allows easy deployment of system clones in individual regional branches of corporations and large enterprises
Do you think that WordPress does not meet any of the above points? Then it’s time to write to me and I will be happy to convince you of the reality of today’s Enterprise world, where mono large corporations use WordPress for their projects precisely because of these conditions.
David Strejc is corporate IT since 2004. He was the founder of the successful international company Easy Software s.r.o., he also worked as an architect at O2, a solution designer at T-Mobile.
WPDistro deals with professional web solutions on the WordPress system (websites, e-shops, systems, news news, social platforms, etc.) https://wpdistro.cz/.
AutoCRM is an intelligent CRM modeler under an Open Source license, which the company implements in medium and large companies. https://autocrm.cz/.
Mailuju.cz – is a system for sending newsletters, which has been developing on the world market for more than 9 years. You can email indefinitely.